AR-15 Bore Guide
NEW DESIGN WITH SIDE SOLVENT PORT!
A Bore Guide is an essential tool for properly cleaning your AR-15 rifle. It keeps your cleaning rod precisely aligned with the bore, preventing damage to both the bore and the cleaning rod. A bore guide also prevents residue from the bore being splattered into the receiver. Machined from solid Delrin® so it is impervious to virtually all gun cleaning solvents and will not scratch your firearm.
NEW Side Solvent Port!
We had many requests for a solvent port positioned on the side at the AR's ejection port. We delivered! You can now easily add bore solvent, oil, etc. without fully withdrawing the cleaning rod, and without needing to buy a separate rear mounted solvent port.
Note: A jag tip with a dirty bore patch was positioned in the solvent port ... just to make it more easily visible in the photo.
• Machined from Solid Delrin® for Strength and Chemical Resistance
• Touches Rear of Chamber (Nub shown is Length of Barrel Adapter)
• No O-Rings to Disintegrate or become Stuck in Chamber or Bore.
• Back Bevel on Chamber End Assists Patch Retention on Rod Removal
• Drilled from Chamber End to ensure Concentricity with Bore
• Diameter Reduced over part of its Length for Easier Installation/Removal
• 4 Finger Grooves for Easy Removal
• Standard 1/2" Socket on Rear End allows use of separate Solvent Port.*
Q: Why is there no snout or O-rings on this bore guide?
A: Many bore guides are designed with an extension or snout that extends through the chamber and has an O-ring seal at the tip. The extension is so thin that it can be easily bent or broken. And the O-ring can come loose in the bore or chamber! This bore guide has no snout and uses no O-rings.
Q: Why is this bore guide white and not black or a color that won't show dirt?
A: White Delrin® is translucent so you can clearly view down the inside of the bore guide to ensure that it is clean and ready for the next use. If it was black Delrin®, you would need a bore illuminator. Just clean the bore guide, inside and out, using any bore cleaning solvent.
* A Rear Solvent Port not included. Accepts all solvent ports designed to install into a 1/2" socket.