AR-15 Bore Guide
A Bore Guide is an essential tool for properly cleaning your AR-15 rifle. It keeps your cleaning rod precisely aligned with the bore, preventing damage to both the bore and the cleaning rod. A bore guide also prevents residue from the bore being splattered into the receiver. Machined from solid Delrin® so it is impervious to virtually all gun cleaning solvents and will not scratch your firearm.
• Machined from Solid Delrin® for Strength and Chemical Resistance
• Touches Rear of Chamber (Nub shown is Length of Barrel Adapter)
• No O-Rings to Disintegrate or become Stuck in Chamber or Bore.
• Back Bevel on Chamber End Assists Patch Retention on Rod Removal
• Drilled from Chamber End to ensure Concentricity with Bore
• Diameter Reduced over part of its Length for Easier Installation/Removal
• 4 Finger Grooves for Easy Removal
• Standard 1/2" Socket on Rear End allows use of separate Solvent Port.*
Q: Why is there no snout or O-rings on this bore guide?
A: Many bore guides are designed with an extension or snout that extends through the chamber and has an O-ring seal at the tip. The extension is so thin that it can be easily bent or broken. And the O-ring can come loose in the bore or chamber! This bore guide has no snout and uses no O-rings.
Q: Why is this bore guide white and not black or a color that won't show dirt?
A: White Delrin® is translucent so you can clearly view down the inside of the bore guide to ensure that it is clean and ready for the next use. If it was black Delrin®, you would need a bore illuminator. Just clean the bore guide, inside and out, using any bore cleaning solvent.
* Solvent Port not included. Accepts all solvent ports designed to install into a 1/2" socket.